Website North Star Aviation, Inc
Position Title: Certified Flight Instructor
Position Reports to: Chief Flight Instructor
Primary Operational Objectives:
To provide excellent flight instruction and mentorship to our students in a safe and comfortable environment and work together with other instructors to overcome challenges in the learning process. Our flight instructors work to ensure compliance with applicable Transportation Security Administration (TSA) procedures, Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs), and North Star Aviation policy with training students.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct excellent instruction with flight and ground students.
- Be ambassadors to safety by following applicable FOM procedures, filing reports using the current safety reporting system, attending periodic safety meetings, and by maintaining a general safety mindset.
- Ensure student records are kept in an orderly and accurate manner.
- Periodically audit all records pertaining to students in their care and correct any errors while following applicable NSA procedures.
- Must hold at least a 2nd Class Medical
- Must have CFI, CFI-I, and MEI ratings.
- Prior experience teaching in PA-28-161/181, PA-44-180, and G1000 is preferred, but not required.
- Able to meet the Aviation English Language Standard (AELS) as outlined by the FAA.
- Must meet with each assigned student at least three times per week.
A comprehensive benefits package is available to full- time employees to include medical, dental, and vision insurance. A 401k retirement plan with match, PTO and paid holidays.
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs routinely and up to 100 lbs occasionally
- Frequent work in small places, extreme temperatures, heights above six feet and noisy environments.
EEO/AAP/Drug Free Workplace
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org