Website North Star Aviation, Inc.
Position Reports to: Director of Maintenance
Location: North Star Aviation, Inc – Mankato, MN
Primary Operational Objectives:
The Aviation Avionics Technician would be responsible for performing the installation and maintenance of avionics/electronics systems on general aviation/corporate aircraft.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform installation, maintenance, and troubleshoot malfunctions of aircraft avionics and electrical systems components, such as, ADS-B, WAAS GPS, Airborne Navigation & Communication Systems, Weather Radar, Autopilot, Compass systems, Audio Panels & Intercoms and accessories in accordance with MFG specifications and FAA guidelines (aircraft such as Piper, Cessna and other general aviation aircraft)
- Communicate with the team leads and other team members to ensure effective workflow and coordination between related departments.
- Identify and resolve issues in a timely manner as they arise during scheduled tasks.
- Complete all checklists, forms and reports as required in accordance with the company, government, and FAA regulations and guidelines.
- Maintain adequate knowledge to understand and follow the repair facility’s Inspection Procedures Manual.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company team members, vendors, and customers.
- Responsible to follow and comply with all safety rules and regulations.
- Must be able to work scheduled hours.
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor or manager.
- Degree or certificate from an accredited two (2) year college, university or technical school in avionics maintenance or electronics required or equivalent experience.
- Experience with GA/Corporate aircraft; supervisory experience a plus.
- Knowledge of aircraft component repair.
- Knowledge of avionics, electronic and electrical test equipment.
- Knowledge of U.S. government regulations for federal contractors and FAA maintenance programs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A&P License a plus.
- Repairman Certificate a plus.
- FCC General Radiotelephone License a plus.
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, and pulling required.
- Frequent work in small spaces, extreme temperatures, and heights above six feet, noisy environments and flying.
- Frequent work with products, materials, and chemicals associated with aircraft maintenance.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Submit your resume via e-mail to email@example.com
EEO/AAP/Drug Free Workplace
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org